Sunday 8 December 2013

Sniff

It's been a while since I blogged about perfume, but this year my adventures have continued apace: I added Robert Piguet's Fracas, Keiko Mecheri's Cuir Cordoba and Oliban, Chanel's Coromandel, and Musc Ravageur and Vetiver Extraordinaire from Frederic Malle to my shelves, along with Jean Claude Ellena's Perfume (but not the insufferable The perfume lover).

Just in time for Christmas, another book has been released - blogger Barbara Herman's Scent and Subversion: Decoding a century of provocative perfume. To test if it's for you, check out this extract on Jezebel.

1 comment:

@danjite said...

The scent I couldn't remember this morning is Amouage's "Memoir Man". Listed in the leather/woody/fougere, on me it went right for smoke and leather. Yum.

The sale priced impulse purchase I mentioned was this. I read the reviews elsewhere and it just sounded right.